Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Does Paula Abdul Have Social Anxiety? Video!


I am a huge American Idol fan, and after last night’s shocking episode, I’m wondering out loud: Does Paula Abdul have social anxiety? It’s not uncommon for celebrities to have social anxiety even though they are in the public eye.

Donny Osmond and Barbra Streisand both experienced social anxiety as well as hundreds more just like them; so again, it is not uncommon for celebrities to have social anxiety.


Some of the ways people have tried to deal with social anxiety are with drugs or alcohol. I am not saying Paula Abdul uses drugs or alcohol, I am just saying that is a common way of dealing with social anxiety.


Does Paula Abdul Have Social Anxiety?


If you have ever watched American Idol or have read the news at all about Paula Abdul, you know that at times she acts a little out of the ordinary. Last night’s American Idol episode was no different except that she really screwed up.

Read about her screw up HERE. Watch the video HERE.

Paula was acting very, very strangely and she also judged Idol contestant Jason Castro on two songs, despite him only singing one of the songs. Paula was very confused and said she thought he sang two songs.

I don’t want to surmise that she was under the influence of anything because I love Paula, but she really screwed up last night and that’s what got me wondering if she is trying to deal with social anxiety.

She is in the public eye; she gets scrutinized by the public A LOT; she acts very strangely sometimes like she’s really not all there; and she is always the “nice” judge, wanting to please everyone.

If Paula Abdul does have social anxiety, I hope someone can help her because social anxiety is awful to deal with every day.


1 comments:

  1. I don't know if she has it or not, but a lot of famous people have had it. I'm not famous but I struggled with it for years. Now I go to Social Anxiety Anonymous / Social Phobics Anonymous support groups (they are free-- Social Anxiety Anonymous is a nonprofit): www.healsocialanxiety.com

    ReplyDelete



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?

Inspiring Quotes

 

Followers

Translate

About Me

Join My Community at MyBloglog!