Ads 468x60px

Friday, March 23, 2007

5 Things I've Heard and Always Remembered

It's time to do something fun... We're going to play a game of blog tag. I was just tagged by FriendsWhoCare, now I am "it" and have to tag 5 other people. If you would like to be tagged, let me know.

Write a blog post with the title 5 Things I've Heard and Always Remembered. List your 5 things, and then link or tag 5 other blogs.

*I remember my mom always telling me that if I make an ugly face, it will stick, and I would look like that forever. Needless to say, I didn't make an ugly face to anyone!

*I remember taking my kids to my mom's house one day, and she made soup on the stove. My 5 year old said, "Wow, you can make soup on a stove?" Meet the microwave generation!

*I remember a huge snow storm one year. We were in a state of emergency. My dad and I walked up to the bakery to get some bread. I tried to take a shortcut and got stuck in snow up to my waist. My dad looked at me and said, "You know, shortcuts aren't always the best way to get to your destination." Of course he laughed at me, but what a statement!

*I remember when my kids were babies thinking, gosh this is hard, I can't wait until they grow up. Now they all drive... be careful what you wish for!

*I remember getting only 3 or 4 channels on TV. Now, I have 100 channels, but only 3 or 4 good shows. Some things just don't change.

Ok, if you want to play tag, let me know!

You're tagged

Keith

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I just read your 5 things and I did laugh but not tooooo hard.

    I really identified with the 1 about making soup on the stove since a similar thing was once told to me and I'll never forget it either. (A young girl in 1 of my youth groups stated, "You can't make cookies! They all come from the store." And then she laughed since she thought she knew more than I. But we showed her and made some anyway.)

    Thanks for sharing your 5 things and playing tag with me. Hope we can do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    I see you found a player for our game - great!

    Since Keith sent his comment about playing to my blog and not yours, it's only right that you and your readers know he has posted his 5
    things


    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha.. Thank you Susan, we're learning!!!

    ReplyDelete



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?

Inspiring Quotes

 

Followers

Translate

About Me

Join My Community at MyBloglog!