Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pets and Social Anxiety


For anyone suffering from social anxiety, you know all too well about the fear of rejection. That is why pets are great! They miss us when we are gone, they love us unconditionally, and they forgive our mistakes.


I posted previously that I had to put my Sasha down a couple of weeks before Christmas, and although it feels like yesterday, and some days are still hard to get through without tears, I have a new baby that I just had to show off.


Her name is Bandit, and she is a little spitfire! At the time of this picture, she was only 3 pounds, but acts like she is 10 feet tall...


She keeps me extremely busy, which is good. But, she gives me more than that. When I am hurt, she knows. At only 10 weeks old, she is smart as a whip. She tries my patience, but makes me laugh at the same time.


I'd like you to meet my Bandit...
Until next time...


6 comments:

  1. Kinda looks like a mini Kujo!!

    But the article was very good! Well written...you speak to your audience well...and have a unique ability to relate to all of us.

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, Gary!

    Sometimes I think she has a bit of Kujo in her, but she does make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you 100%. I don't know what I would do without my wonderful dog Tippy. I can't help but be in a better mood when she is around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stacy!

    How are you? I'm so glad you have Tippy, as I truly believe pets are more than just great companions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone have a problem with pets? My problem is that I also feel inadequate with the pets - and in fact I am. Because I cannot work and live well below the poverty level - not even sure how I live to tell the truth, I sometimes cannot give them what they need. That makes me avoid them! I have cats though. I did try a dog and that was gratifying UNTIL she needed attention all the time when I was too "under the table" to give any attention.
    Even when I am able to provide what they need, I still feel that I am not giving enough and they'd be better off with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comments, Golden Child. I really never looked at that side of having pets before. That is a great question! I do know animals are very forgiving; sometimes to a fault. Sometimes we think we're not giving our pets enough. I hope someone else experiencing this could offer their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?

Inspiring Quotes

 

Followers

Translate

About Me

Join My Community at MyBloglog!