Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 29, 2008

Are You Really Paranoid?

Are you really paranoid? Or are you closer to recovering from social anxiety than you realize? I ask and bring this up because I will be 40, older than dirt, something in a couple of months, and everyone in my life has just been used to me having social anxiety.

They were used to me not calling a "stranger" to check up on them. They got comfortable with the fact that they could invite me to events they really didn't want me to go to for whatever reason, knowing I would decline the offer... and on and on.

There are also others in my life that can be manipulators, and they have used my social anxiety "against" me. Sounds a bit paranoid doesn't it? Well, as paranoid as it sounds, it really does happen. Some people can and will be that mean if it can benefit them somehow.

The day I started living my life without social anxiety, was really the day my life got very stressful, until I realized I was allowing others' actions to cause me stress. It was actually the most freeing and fantastic experience when I finally didn't care what anyone thought of me.

So, are you really paranoid? Probably not. No one likes change, but if your friends and family cannot accept the new you it is time to distance yourself from them. I am NOT saying alienate them or forget about them. Just distance yourself from the negativity you are receiving.

Live your life to the fullest. Do not allow anyone to be negative around you. Enjoy your new found freedom. More importantly, do not let anyone put back any negative thoughts so you question, am I really paranoid?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?

Inspiring Quotes

 

Followers

Translate

About Me

Join My Community at MyBloglog!