Ads 468x60px

Monday, November 24, 2008

Depression Is Simon Cowell's Fault?

DepressionImage by Eddi 07
via Flickr

Who’s responsible for your depression?

I was reading an article on formal American Idol contestant, Nikki McKibbin.

Although she finished 3rd on American Idol season one, Nikki ended up on Celebrity Rehab 2 in 2008.

I was upset because she was almost blaming Simon Cowell for her depression.

I believe that no one makes you do things you don’t want to do! Blaming Simon for your depression is ridiculous.

Then I remembered. Depression is ugly. Depression is a deep black hole that can suck the will out of a person. Depression turns everything black.

I’m not talking about sadness. I’m talking gut wrenching depression that you scream to go away, but you don’t have the strength to do anything about.

Depression that has you teetering on the edge is dangerous. Someone or some event can be enough to give you that added push.

I also read the story of 19-year-old Abraham Biggs, Jr., who overdosed on a social networking site via webcam.

Abraham had manic depression and reports state people egged him on during that live session.

No one is responsible for your depression, but deep depression is dangerous, and treatment is vital.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:



Care to help a new, tired Grandma out with a cup of coffee?

Inspiring Quotes

 

Followers

Translate

About Me

Join My Community at MyBloglog!